KEVA planks is a small, family owned business nestled in the beautiful Shenandoah Valley of Virginia. We are a family of educators, inventors, and social workers. Ken, the founder, saw the educational possibilities with simple building blocks and started the company with a mission to bring families closer together and inspire the creative spirit in people of all ages. American technology along with our great KEVA team enable us to make practically perfect planks.
Mindware manufactures and distributes KEVA Planks to raving fans around the world, while KEVA Planks Education focuses on supporting the KEVA community with educator-specific products and resources.
You can reach us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 540-421-3786.
Why We Do It
Here are some of the ways we see KEVA Planks impacting people's lives on a daily basis:
- Children discover the joy of creating original works of art or cleverly designed contraptions.
- Future architects and engineers discover their aptitude for building stuff at an early age. Young KEVA builders today will by building our world in a few years.
- Teachers' days go a little smoother because KEVA planks create a level of engagement that is unique to the classroom.
- Children with ADD find the action of KEVA building to be calming and inspiring.
- Parents find a moment of relief.
- Soldiers with PTSD find it easier to talk about their emotional wounds when their hands are engaged in a KEVA project.
- Parents of children with autism discover that the simplicity of having only one type of block creates an ordered environment that allows their child to blossom.
- Gifted children find a new freedom of intellectual expression with KEVA planks that combines both their artistic nature and their brilliant analytical minds.
- Parents who find it difficult to connect with their kids discover that family nights are easy and natural with KEVA planks. Kids can sense that mom and dad are really into the project as much as they are. Kids don't get to see their parents play very often, but KEVA planks make it happen.
- Prisons have found that prisoners have a much greater chance of rehabilitation if they have a strong emotional bond their children on the outside. When they have a child to care about, they have a reason to turn their lives around. Volunteers take KEVA planks into prisons so that inmates can bond with their children. They found that KEVA planks help grow and transform these troubled relationships by providing a non-threatening activity that parent and child enjoy equally.
The list goes on... We hear these stories regularly which makes the KEVA business one of the most gratifying jobs a person could hope for. That's why we do it. "
Pay It Forward: KEVA and Kiva
We love supporting others on their entrepreneurial journeys. One way we do that is by providing Kiva loans for people who need a little boost to get their venture rolling. Through Kiva, we have given over $1,000 to foster small business growth. We hope that you'll join us!
Kiva crowdfunds loans for borrowers in more than 80 countries who are often financially excluded and can’t access other fair and affordable sources of credit. In the U.S., Kiva crowdfunds loans for borrowers who are either financially excluded or creating social impact in their communities.
Click here to visit the Kiva website and learn more about supporting a Kiva loan.https://www.kiva.org/about
"I am a teacher of the gifted in Kansas. I was eager to see what my jaded 6th grade students would do with KEVA and they were soon engulfed in the activity. Our class time literally flew by too quickly. I have used the planks with students from kindergarten to sixth grade and they all universally love your product and beg to have a "KEVA Day."— Rich F. | Gifted Teacher | Ravenwood Elementary
"[I have used KEVA planks] with my class of students who have been expelled from other schools for behavior issues. This is a tough group, and they need opportunities to work together, take turns, negotiate, communicate effectively, and help one another. I use Keva Plank projects as a way to foster these behaviors in all students, even those who usually have difficulty working well with others."— Jean-Marie G. | Teacher | Terra Centre